It’s that time of year. It’s when products hope to sell the most and service-based providers assume no one really buys.
Here are 5 effective ways to make more sales this holiday season.
1. Tell their husband that Santa sent you (or wife, or the Three Kings…please substitute freely in this post!). If someone has been dreaming of buying your coaching package all year, you can probably see who they’re married to on Facebook. Most of us would like to buy our spouse the perfect gift, so if you send a sweet email to them letting them know that they’re longing for what your offering (and even offer them a special bonus or discount), you’re providing a great service!
2. Use Facebook events to let people know about a sale, or do and distribute a daily video that highlights something you sell, or …the options are limitless. Technology can be your friend. Use what it does to support you. Here’s a horrible analogy, but technology can be like a wild horse. You get to decide if you use it to help you or if you stay afraid of it.
3. Get creative! Tweet a different discount for each day of Chanukah, Kwanza, or a Special Solstice Sale.
4. Be generous! Give part of your proceeds to a charity and share that in social media. Those who buy from you will feel even better.
5. Let folks know if you are increasing your prices for 2012. Give them one last chance to buy at your current prices before you do!
There are a multitude of ways to make more this holiday season. The key to social media sales is always knowing what your financial goal is, and keeping your finger on the pulse of what you’re doing to make sure people are buying. The brilliance of social media is that you can try a multitude of things and easily discard what doesn’t work.
I love brainstorming new ideas, so if you’re stuck on this one, let me know at http://www.facebook.com/ilikelindsay.